Working At Circuit Lab
Circuit Lab currently has two open positions for fall 2017 staff.
Applications due September 10.
- One lead instructor position for an instructor located in or near Arlington, Lexngton, or Woburn, MA
- One lead instructor position for an instructor located in or near Newton, Wellesley, or Waltham, MA
Our mission is to give kids a new understanding of the electronic devices they use every day, so they learn to see them as tools that they can manipulate, rather than toys or mysterious "black boxes." In our classrooms, we use tools like Raspberry Pi, Scratch, and Arduino.
School-year work is part-time leading after-school programs. Priority will be given to applicants who are able to teach 5 days per week (Monday to Friday). The position begins in mid-September. We also have paid training and class shadowing time to get you familiar with the curriculum and teaching style before leading classroom programs. You will have the opportunity to continue with full-time work during the summer.
Work hours are generally within the window of 2:30 and 5:30 PM each weekday, consisting of 1.25 to 1.5 hours per class plus 1.5 hours of setup and commute time. Exact timing will vary slightly based on individual school schedules. We offer generous daily compensation for this part-time work.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter outlining your experience, interest, and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know what excites you about working with kids and teaching them about technology!
Job Requirements - Lead Instructor:
- Available to work part time in afternoons from Septe,ber to June.
- 6 months prior experience teaching K-12 students, comfortable leading groups up to 14 students.
- Bachelor's degree or working towards degree in education, computer science, engineering, or related.
- Reliable transportation and able to commute daily to class sites.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Located in the greater Boston area.
- Must pass state-mandated background check as a condition of employment.
Apply for open positions by sending a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com